Tasks is one of the most important tools in Chatway. It's much more than a simple to-do list. By organizing tasks into Sections or Lists, you can manage entire projects and each team member's tasks.
Creating a Task
There are two ways to add a Task.
- Type a Task name in the field called Add New Task.
- Hit enter.
- If you want to add more information, tap the Task's name in the list.
- Press the blue + icon.
- Press New Task.
Note: This option will take you directly into the Task screen to add more details.
Inside the Task, you can
- Assign the task to someone by clicking Assignee
- Add details
- Attach files by clicking the paperclip icon
- Add a Task to a List or Section
- Use the star icon to mark a priority level
- Add a due date by clicking the calendar icon. (This DOES NOT add the Task to your Calendar.)
Tasks are automatically added in a list format, but you can click on No List or No Section to add it to a List or Section.
Deleting a Task
- Click the 3 Dot Menu.
- Select Delete Task.
Creating a Section
Sections act as folders for your tasks and help keep them organized.
- Click on the blue + icon and choose New Section.
- Give your Section a name.
- Drag and drop any related Tasks into it.
Creating a List
Lists provide another level for managing Tasks.
- Click All
- Click the blue + icon
- Add a List name.
- Choose your List template: Standard or Board.
- Click Save.
Filtering the Task View
When a group has many sections or tasks, you might want to see a filtered view.
- Click the inverted triangle.
- Select how you want to filter the Tasks.
- Show Completed
- Group member
- List name
Tasks can be sorted by Sections, due date or priority.
- Click the up and down arrow icon.
- Select how you want to sort the Tasks.
Adding Comments to Tasks
Chatway is set up to make collaborating simple. You can add comments, feedback and emojis to any Task.
- Tap the Task.
- Add your comment (you can also tap the smiley face to add emojis) and hit the send arrow.
Attaching Files to Tasks
You can easily add files to Task for reference.
- Press the paperclip symbol.
- Then select the files you want to attach.
Seeing Task Notifications
You can see a list of all Task notifications including new or updated Tasks, and newly added attachments and comments.
- Tap the bell icon in the top right corner.
- Tap any notification for more actions.
Follow or Unfollow a Task
All Tasks are automatically followed by default. You will see a solid blue heart which indicates you are following the Task.
- Unfollow a Task by tapping the blue heart icon.