Understanding the Calendar
The Calendar lets you easily add events and schedule reminders. You can also comment on events, attach files, see event notifications, and follow or unfollow events.
- To add an event, click the date of the event.
- Click the blue + icon.
- Add the name of the event, start and end date, and time.
- By default, no reminder is set but you can add one by clicking on Remind Me and selecting the notice you want.
- Click the Save button.
Note: The event is automatically added to each team member's Calendar.
When you look at your Calendar, you will see either a small blue or gray square to indicate dates with events or due dates:
- Blue squares represent events related to that chat's group.
- Gray squares represent events related to a different group.
Deleting a Calendar Event
If you added an event by accident or the event is canceled, you can remove it from the Calendar.
- Tap on the event date and then the event name.
- Tap on the 3 Dot Menu and press Delete.
Chatway is set up to make collaborating simple. You can add comments, feedback and emojis to any event.
- Tap the event date and then the name of the event.
- Add your comment (you can also tap the smiley face to add emojis) and hit the send arrow.
Attaching Files to Events
You can easily add files to a calendar event so everyone in the group has access to them or make sure they can be quickly located when needed.
- Press the paper clip symbol.
- Then press the + sign under the Attachments section and select the files.
Seeing Calendar Notifications
You can see a list of all Calendar notifications including new or updated events, and newly added attachments and comments.
- Tap the bell icon in the top right corner.
- Tap any notification for more actions.
Follow or Unfollow an Event
All events are automatically followed by default. You will see a solid blue heart which indicates you are following the event.
- Unfollow an event by tapping the blue heart icon.
Connect Your Google or Microsoft Office Calendar
It's easy to avoid scheduling conflicts by connecting your personal calendar. Any event that is scheduled in your Google or Microsoft Calendar will be automatically added to your Chatway Calendar but only you will be able to see them.
- From the main chat screen, click the 3 Dot Menu.
- Next, click Settings.
- Click on Calendar and then click the blue + icon.
- Choose whether you would like to connect your Google Calendar or Office 365 Calendar.
If you select Google Calendar, you will be taken to your Google Accounts page to enter your email address and password. To complete the connection, click Allow.
If you select Office 365 Calendar, you will be taken to a page to sign into your Microsoft account. To complete the connection, click Allow.